Monday, October 6, 2014

Welcome!

Good afternoon everyone and welcome to my blog! If you are reading this, I am SO excited to have caught your attention. Thanks for checking me out. Feel free to kind of browse around and explore. There isn't much yet, but give me some time and I'll knock your socks off with content (I hope).

BUT FIRST, some fun facts:

This blog actually was fueled by a class assignment.
One of my assignments for my PREL 440 class was I had to make a blog and actually write up some posts. It's been on my bucket list to start a blog, so I figured this was the perfect time to combine work and play. And thus, Does What She Loves was born.

This was also fueled by a business card.
This week, I'm headed to Washington, D.C. for the PRSSA National Conference, and I am so jacked. It's a professional conference with a ton of young professionals. In the PR business, it's pretty much a requirement to have business cards. But there I was, a week and a half before leaving for conference, designing my first ever business card. So, I had a YOLO moment and put my blog on my business card. What a perfect way to force myself to sit down and really start writing my blog. So if you are finding this blog based off of my business card, thanks for checking me out.

This isn't my first rodeo.
Besides a blog I tried to start my freshman year of college with two posts, this is my first blog. Though I am new to having my own blog, I am no stranger to blogging. I blog on the side for my PRSSA chapter. Over there, you can check out some of my more professional work. You might have to scroll back a bit because I don't blog for them as much, but go check it out.

I used to HATE writing.
"But Kaitlyn, you are practically getting an English degree. How could you hate writing?!" It's true, it really is. In high school, I had no confidence in myself whatsoever, so of course that included my writing. Even though I was able to crank out a ten page paper in two days and get an A, I hated it. My first week of college, I had an upperclassman tell me that I was a phenomenal writer. That moment changed my perspective on writing. I learned to love myself and my writing. Since then, it has really become a passion of mine.

I'm going to write about what I love.
Alright, so that one might be a little obvious, but I have to put it out there. This blog is all about finding out what you are passionate about. I'm all about doing what you love with every aspect of life. This goes hand in hand with my career. I'm not a billion dollars in debt from student loans to land a job I don't love. So don't be surprised if I start talking about my classes or my future career. For the majority of the time, I'll talk about my hobbies, passions, my love for chocolate and even trying some new things.

That's all I have for now. Hopefully I can find some time this week to blog before I head off to D.C.!

Until next time,

Kaitlyn





No comments:

Post a Comment